What is it?
The Wheen Bee Foundation Bee Ambassador Program connects passionate bee volunteer advocates from diverse backgrounds:
- Farmers Land & resource managers
- Other interested supporters
Together these bee advocates share their passion for bees and help raise community awareness about how to better support bees as keystone pollinators for food security and ecosystem health.
The program was launched in 2018
To increase evidence-based bee and pollinator awareness in the community.
To unite and support ‘bee champions’ in the delivery of their community based activities.
To leverage the collective impact through increasing the scale, reach and momentum of bee awareness activities.
Ambassadors participle in a 3-day residential training program that;
- Encourages learning, cooperation and innovation
- Develops communication skills and practices
- Enables close connections between bee champions
- Increases awareness of bee research in Australia
- Facilitates the sharing of great ideas and initiatives
- Identifies new project activities for implementation
- Prioritises resources that support community advocacy
Our Bee Ambassadors
Encourage a new generation of sustainably-minded citizens to help the bees, supporting pollination security, food security and ecosystem health.
Students, teachers and communities on how they can work individually and collectively to support healthy bee populations.
By gathering and sharing examples of what people and The Wheen Bee Foundation are doing to make the world a better place.