2022 Board Effectiveness Program
About the Program
The first project to be funded by the Linton Briggs Advancing Apiculture Fund will be the Linton Briggs 2022 Board Effectiveness Program.
This Program will support two state beekeeping associations to participate in a tailored workshop and follow up coaching sessions run by Dr Judith MacCormick a specialist board advisor. Dr MacCormick advises leading company boards on board effectiveness and issues related to leadership, organisational dynamics and governance. She has worked in Australia, Europe and Asia and consulted to national and multinational companies as well as public and not-for-profit sectors.
The workshop will enable individual state beekeeping association committees to come together to improve their organisational effectiveness and impact through sharpening the focus on their organisation’s strategic goals.
Number of places:
- Applications open on 2 March 2022.
- Applications close at midnight 3 April 2022.
- Successful Applicants will receive a letter of offer on or before 11 April 2022.
- Applicants will have until 18 April to accept the offer.
- The Linton Briggs 2022 Board Effectiveness Program is open to executive committees of State Beekeeping Associations representing the commercial apiculture sector.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
Each place is valued at $1,200 per person.
Terms & Conditions
- be submitted by the due date
- represent an eligible committee
- be submitted on behalf of the executive committee (not individuals)
- be submitted by or on behalf of the committee Chair
- represent no less than 80 per cent of the committee and in all cases include the committee Chair
- include the names of all intended committee members wanting a place at the workshop
- provide a statement acknowledging that each listed nominee has been consulted and agrees to;
- participate in both the workshop and follow up coaching sessions
- the terms and conditions
- fund their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- provide a brief explanation of what they hope to achieve through participating in the Linton Briggs Board Effectiveness Program (eg, problem/barrier they want to overcome or improve to become more effective as a committee/Board)
Linton Briggs (1930-2020)
(Photo credit: Paddy Milne)
To support the Linton Briggs Advancing Apiculture Fund and help continue the important work of Linton Briggs, make a donation by clicking below.
"*" indicates required fields
On review and approval of the Applications
- The Primary Contact person will receive an email confirming their Committee has been successful and explaining the acceptance process.
- Each committee member will be emailed a personal letter of offer via DocuSign so all they need to do is reply to accept the offer.