The Carman’s Trees for Bees Community Tree Grants support the planting of bee-friendly trees in extended gardens, community-owned land, school grounds, sporting club precincts and urban corridors.
The program provides funding to community groups and organisations to increase vital habitat, providing spaces for bees to forage, live and breed.
The program is proudly supported by Carman’s.
Grants of $500 are available.
Grants are open to not-for-profits, school groups, landcare groups, community organisations and sustainability groups.
Applications require a brief summary of the bee-friendly planting proposal, planting area and planting dates.
Applicants will be judged on three criteria:
Pollinator Impact: How the planting will benefit bees and other pollinators.
Area covered: The size of the planting and the details of the area (was it previously an unused site, does it extend existing pollinator-friendly garden).
Community reach: How many people are involved in the planting, how many people will learn more about the importance of planting for pollinators as a result of the grant
- Grants open on May 20 2023.
- Applications close on July 31
- Recipients will be notified by August 20
- Planting must be completed by October 31
2023 Grant Recipients
Due to high demand, this year there were 25 recipients.
- Apollo Bay P-12 College
- Byron Youth Service
- Charleville School of Distance Education
- Coolamon Landcare
- Culgoa Development Group
- Girl Guides Victoria – Leongatha Guides
- Goodstart Early Learning – Nambour
- Gunnedah Urban Landcare Group
- Henry Doubleday Research Association of Australia – Hawkesbury EarthCare Centre
- Junior Science Academy
- Koroit and District Primary School
- Lakeland Senior High School
- Latrobe Valley Beekeepers Association
- Maleny State School
- Murray Haven Homes
- Our Lady of the Way Catholic Primary School
- Pasadena And St Marys Action Group
- Rotary Club of Forbes Ipomoea
- Scottsdale High School
- Stanthorpe United Redbacks FC
- Stella Life Care
- Tanjil Valley Landcare
- The Groundswell Collective
- Waroona District High School
- Warramunda Villages
For any enquiries about the Community Tree Grants program email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The next round of applications opens 19 May 2024.
If you’d like to register your interest for the next round, please complete your details below.
Please read the Terms & Conditions and the Eligibility Checklist.