Learning Kit Includes:
- Complete unit of work – 11 x 1 hour lesson plans
- Worksheets and assessment templates
- Supporting videos and sound clips
- 30x Bee Friendly Seed packets
- 30x Mini Honey Tasting Kits
- ‘Bees Are Our Friends’ by Toni D’Alia & Alice Lindstrom
- ‘Bee Play’ props including; cleaning gloves, ‘Blossom Bee’ plush toy, drawstring bag with wax, shield, headbands and buckets, prop pollen, and a crown.
‘Planting for Bees!’ provides students with opportunities to:
- Explore the anatomy of a honey bee and their lifecycle.
- Enjoy a honey tasting experience to explore how the nectar source creates the unique taste profile of different honeys.
- Learn about the cross section of a flower to develop an understanding of how bees pollinate and how pollination works.
- Understand the importance of the symbiotic relationship between bees, plants and humans.
- Learn about the importance of honey bees for our food security.
- Discover what ‘bee friendly’ flowers are and how we can encourage bees into our environments.
There are no reviews yet.