Learning Kit Includes:
- Complete unit of work – 11 x 1 hour lesson plans
- Worksheets and assessment templates
- Supporting videos and sound clips
- 30x Bee Friendly Seed packets
- 30x Mini Honey Tasting Kits
- ‘The Honeybee’ by Kirsten Hall & Isabelle Arsenault
- Activity resources including; sand, icy pole sticks, and pipe cleaners.
‘Planting for Bees!’ provides students with opportunities to:
- Learn about the anatomy of flowers and bees to gain a deeper understanding into how pollination occurs.
- Explore the importance of honey bees and pollination for food security.
- Understand the importance of the symbiotic relationship between bees, plants and humans, how each helps the other to survive, as well as the impact of environmental factors on these relationships.
- Enjoy a honey tasting experience to explore how the nectar source creates the unique taste profile of different honeys.
- Discover what ‘bee friendly’ flowers are and how we can encourage bees into our environments.